Senior Interactive Designer at Sony Music Entertainment with 10 years of design experience
After earning a BFA in Communication Design, I have explored various types of design work including print layout, logo branding/corporate identity and package design, before evolving to interactive web design.
Responsibilities at Sony Music include:
- Creative project concepting with moodboards, reviewing analytics, wireframing, creating multiple iterations of site comps based on principles of design, usability, composition, typography, scale, hierarchy, color theory, and photo retouching, overseeing projects through development and production to QA and final site launch.
- Design (and redesign) to evolve e-commerce user experiences for Sony Music's D2C platform of official artist stores. Involved in A/B testing and user flow.
- Concept pitchwork and e-commerce initiatives for Sony's network of artist sites, which has recently become a Top 10 US retailer for Sony Music.
- Balance multiple projects in various states while communicating with the label client and management, collaborate with marketing, development and technology channels.
- Mentor junior designers and interns, ensuring their work aligns with the visual goals of the artist and the department.
The Henningsen's are a new act signed to Sony Nashville. The label client wanted a modern looking site utilizing current design practices to convey the fresh American spirit of this family country act. It uses a social network feed in lieu of standard news postings, which keeps the site content fresh while encouraging engagement. The site uses photography of the band on their farm and sweeping landscapes of the midwest.